I forgot to update you all on my 18 month check up to my favorite doctor!! :-)
Dr. Warren from KU - who grew up in the KC Metro area, so Mommy feels better about having her take care of me! She went to school with my old doctor from KC....small world, huh! Anyway, after such a rough first year with all of those trips to see the doctor because of my ear infections, I didn't want to go on Thursday to see her. Mommy was excited to have me go, 'cuz she wanted to know how tall I was! I've been growing this week alone!!! My bones have been streaching this week and my clothes are all of a sudden showing more of my legs off and people at my school are telling my mommy how I'm "slimming out" whatever that means?? Oh, well, all I know is she wants to know how tall I'm getting.
When she took me to get measured I threw a fit and screamed and wouldn't lay out straight for the nurse. I didn't want to make the situation easy for them, because I'm not done growing for this week! It's my secret and I don't want them to know yet! So, the nurse measured me at 31 inches.....ha - little does she know! I'm bigger than that. She'll be surprised at my next check up! But I still fell in the 50% range, so Dr. Warren wasn't worried.....I'm in the 75% for weight at 27 pounds. I'm a big boy - Dr. Warren noticed how much muscle I have!! :-) Just like my mommy. Mommy didn't share with her how I'm pushing over the big wing back chairs in the house - that's how strong I am!!!! (well, I pushed one over one time, but mommy got on to me - so I haven't done that again.) Everytime I push over furniture, Mommy gets on to me, I think she must be serious about not wanting me to push over furniture.... I guess I'll stop.
As far as an update on my ears.....my tubes are beginning to fall out, but the ENT doctor said he will just watch me and next visit - in three months, if they are still there, he will probably take them out. Then hopefully, I wont get anymore ear infections! I've felt so much better all around without those nasty things!

No comments:
Post a Comment