rock climbing

rock climbing

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I was Dedicated to God today!!!

Today in church I was Dedicated in front of the entire service of people....wow and there were lots of eyes looking at me. It was kind of neat.....my picture was on the big screen with my name and birthdate! It made me feel very special - the pastor said a prayer just for me....I was ready to go play in sunday school class by the time it got to the prayer part. I had been in the big sanctuary with mommy for a long time! Longer than I've ever been in there. The music was really neat!!!! I could have listend to that forever! My verse they picked for me is from Isaiah 26:8:

"Lord, help Tucker walk in the way of your laws and cause him to wait for you. Make Your name and renown the desire of his heart."

Then they did a Parent's Covenant for Mommy - As a parent, I willingly accept my child as a unique gift from God. I understand that my parental responsibility involves leading my child into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and helping my child understand God's specific purpose for his life. Therefore, I promise today that I will strive to do the following:
1. to recognize that my relationship with this child is a sacred truth which requires an investment of quality time and unconditional love
2. to assume the primary responsibility to teach my child the spiritual truths and values of Scripture
3. to pray consistently for the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of my child
4. to create an environment within our home which demonstrates the Ruit of the Spirit of Christ

Deuteronomy 6:5-7
"You shall love the Lord your God with all you heart, mind, sould and with all your strenght. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heat. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit i your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down and when you rise up."

It was a special day!

No comments: